Sustainable Farm Manager
Come work outdoors with TunTum BlackHill. Just 30 minutes from the cities. You would be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining our 3-5 acre market garden for the 2022 season. You will run a team of paid workers and volunteers to grow sustainable, regenerative fruits and vegetables alongside our heritage animals. We encourage new ideas and creativity by combining old techniques with modern ones. We encourage growing for taste and nutritional value over yields and speed!E-mail your resume & CV to QuackQuack@TunTumBlackHill.com
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate employees on how to perform tasks including planting, harvesting, pest control, and insect and disease diagnosis, etc while adhering to all safety regulations.
- Ensure that productivity goals are fulfilled, be responsible for planning and enacting crop planting, cultivation, water management, and harvesting.
- Effectively interact with the full farm crew on a daily basis.
- make sure that all farm equipment is maintained to good operating order, and that all staff are well-informed and complying with all rules and regulations.
- Writing and updating Standard operating procedures for daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Help, coordinate and work with livestock managers for best care of plants and animals on the farm.
- Take and document meticulous notes and data.
- Be able to work on various projects not included in this description.
- Coordinate with other team members on administrative tasks as necessary
- Have a passion for sustainable & regenerative agriculture
- Enjoy working outside, being in close contact with animals
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Detail oriented & good communication skills
- Hold a valid MN driver’s license
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Have previous experience with employee management
- Demonstrates good leadership, decision-making, and communication skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Able to climb stationary ladders and climb in and out of machinery
- Can lift and move 50 – 100 pounds
- Able to use your hands to fix and replace machinery parts
- Have sufficient physical stamina in order to need to be able to perform necessary laborious tasks repeatedly
- Have excellent hand-eye coordination to operate machinery and harvest crops
- Work on various projects & tasks not included in this description.
- 1-2 two years of experience in agriculture or equivalent
- Sustainable, Biodynamic, & Regenerative farming experience
- Rotational grazing experience
- Worked with livestock
- Have basic mechanical & building skills
- Skilled knowledge of Excel, Google Drive, Asana, FarmBrite
- Paid time off
- Employee Discount
*We are looking to implement 401(k), FSA, Health, & other benefits for 2022 but they are not yet implemented.
E-mail your resume & CV to QuackQuack@TunTumBlackHill.com
All employees must provide Proof of COVID-19 shots & boosters for employment.